The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is t... Read More » For Ages: 17.0 yrs - 99.0 yrs
12 Spaces Remaining
Cal Lutheran University Pool
Jan 13, 2024 - Jan 13, 2024 (1 day)
12 Spaces Remaining
AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD REVIEW
The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies in a swimming pool environment. Lifeguard Training includes First Aid/CPR and AED. Certification is good for two years. MUST ATTEND ALL DAYS
- Transfers or refunds must be requested at least 6 business days (Monday-Friday) prior to the start of the class. Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days.
- All refunds 6 business days (Monday-Friday) prior to the start of the class will be subject to a $15.00 cancellation fee.
- Under no circumstances will a refund or transfer be granted within 5 business days (Monday-Friday) of the first day.
1. Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of this course.
2. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles are allowed.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
5. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
6. Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
7. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
8. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
SUCESSFUL COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
- Attend all class sessions
- Successfully perform all required skills
- Successfully complete three final skill scenarios
- Pass the written exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent or better on each section.
- Lifeguard Training/First Aid/ CPR/AED -2 years.
The purpose of this course is to help participants achieve re certification in Lifeguard Training without having to take the full content course. This review course includes First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
THIS IS A RECERTIFICATION COURSE ONLY! Participants must have a valid Lifeguard Training Certification that is about to expire or has expired in less that 30 days from the day of the course.
1. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certification.
2. Must be able to swim 300 yards of continuous freestyle.
3. Tread Water for 2 minutes.
4. retrieve a 10lb brick, swim 20 yards with it, hop out of pool in 1 minutes 40 sec.
5. Must be able to attend the entire class.
Course Number: C807.5231 Duration: 1 day For Ages: 17.0 yrs - 99.0 yrs
Location: Cal Lutheran University Pool Class Dates: 01/13/2024-01/13/2024 Day(s): Sa Time: 9:00-7:00pm
Lab Fee: $0.00
For questions about program content, location, or age requirements, contact the sponsoring recreation unit/community center. If you have questions about registration or payment issues, contact us via email at email@example.com or call (805) 381-2735.